Terms and Conditions
In an effort to provide you with the highest level of service and to ensure your ongoing satisfaction, we need to inform you about our policies.
Deliveries will take place overnight on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday evenings between the hours of 10 PM and 6 AM. Our deliveries are designed to be contactless. Please provide access instructions for entry overnight between the hours of 10 PM and 6 AM. We utilize a third-party delivery company for order fulfillment, and you will receive an automated text message upon the completion of your delivery. Due to the delivery time and delivery structure, drivers are unable to contact members nightly for entry. Unrestricted access is required to ensure a successful delivery. If a driver is unable to enter, the cooler bag will be placed outside of the building. We are not responsible for any loss or theft that takes place as a result of this.
Cooler Bag Return Policy:
All of our meals arrive in microwave-safe containers, and are delivered inside an insulated lunch bag with ice packs so you can conveniently carry your meals with you throughout the day. It is required that you place your insulated lunch bags and ice packs out for the driver to pick up at the time of your next delivery. NOTE: There is a fee of $20 for each cooler bag (with ice packs) that is not returned.
Membership Pauses and Scheduling Requests:
If you wish to pause your meal plan, you may do so through your account page once you’ve logged in. Alternatively, you may pause your plan indefinitely or submit scheduling requests for specific delivery dates by emailing us at email@example.com. To make any changes to your upcoming week's deliveries, we must receive your request by Wednesday at 12 PM of the week prior. Changes include but are not limited to: updates to allergies/dislikes, breakfast options, addresses, and delivery instructions. After this deadline has passed, the upcoming week's deliveries are considered confirmed. Any changes made after the cutoff will take effect the following week.
Same-Day Notification Policy:
Member satisfaction is extremely important to us. If for any reason you have a discrepancy with your order (i.e. did not receive order, missing or incorrect items, etc.) please contact us within 24 hours of your delivery so that we can resolve the issue in a timely manner. If you do not contact us by 8 PM on your scheduled delivery date, we will not be able to correct the issue.
For added convenience, MacroPlate is a subscription-based service. You will be billed each Wednesday for the following week’s deliveries.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION DISCLAIMER:
For our members' convenience, our meal packaging includes nutritional information. Though we do our absolute best to provide the most accurate nutritional information, these figures should be considered estimates. Varying factors (such as brands, natural variances in produce, substitutions, and serving sizes) change the effective nutritional information in any given recipe. Any change in ingredients, (usually due to the accommodation of exclusions) will change the nutritional information of the meal. Furthermore, different calculators may provide different results depending on their own sources and algorithms. Under no circumstances will MacroPlate be responsible for any loss or damage due to your reliance on nutritional information.
Meals on our Custom plan are individually weighed out, portioned, and monitored for maximum accuracy with minimal variability. Our maximum macronutrient content per meal is as follows: Carbohydrates: 180 grams, Protein: 75 grams, Fat: 70 grams.
All charges are non-refundable. Unfortunately, there can be no exceptions due to the advanced planning necessary for meal production and delivery schedules. Once your payment has been processed, we will not be able to process any refunds. As a member, you are responsible for providing adequate notice for all account updates, including any scheduling requests. The deadline to make any changes to your upcoming week of deliveries is Wednesday at 12 PM of the week prior.
Food Allergies and/or Food-Based Medical Conditions:
If you have any life-threatening food allergies or food-related medical conditions, we strongly recommend discontinuing service immediately. MacroPlate will not assume any liability for adverse reactions to foods consumed.
YOU MUST CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR IF YOU ARE ON MEDICATION; FURTHERMORE, MEAL PLANS ARE NOT MEANT TO REPLACE OR SUPERSEDE DOCTOR-PRESCRIBED DIET PLANS.
Medication/Doctor-Prescribed Diet Plans:
If you are taking medication, you must consult your physician before you start our meal programs. MacroPlate’s programs do not replace a physician’s advice; if you are using our meal plans as part of a doctor-prescribed diet, you shall be ultimately responsible for ensuring compliance with such diet. Furthermore, if you have diabetes or other medical conditions of any kind, you shall be responsible for maintaining your diet to ensure compliance with the requirements of such conditions. Our meal recommendations shall not be deemed medical advice.
Food Sensitivities and Allergies:
YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR DETERMINING WHETHER ANY FOOD ALLERGIES MAY OCCUR. Although we will provide ingredient lists as and when requested, MacroPlate is not responsible for any allergic or other adverse reactions you might have.
Text Message Terms and Conditions:
These Terms & Conditions apply to SMS text messages sent by MacroPlate (the “Text Service”). These messages may be recurring as part of a subscription or other service, or sent one-time.
By opting in to or using the Text Service, you accept these Terms & Conditions and agree to resolve disputes with MacroPlate through binding arbitration (and with very limited exceptions, not in court), and you waive any right to participate in class actions, all as detailed in the “Disputes” section below.
- From time to time, MacroPlate may advertise a short code in connection with the Text Service. By sending an SMS text message to that particular short code, you agree to receive alerts and information via text message from MacroPlate (including its subsidiaries and affiliates).
- MacroPlate may use an automatic dialing system to send text messages to the cell phone number associated with your opt-in (i.e., the number from which you send the opt-in request). You do not have to opt-in or agree to opt-in as a condition of purchase.
- By opting into the Text Service, You confirm that you are the subscriber to the relevant phone number or that you are the customary user of that number on a family or business plan and that you are authorized to opt-in. You further consent to the use of an electronic record to document your opt-in.
- The maximum number of messages you receive will vary based on the Text Service program you have enrolled in. You can cancel a subscription or service at any time by texting “STOP” in response to the text message you received.
- If you need help at any time, just text “HELP” to the text message you received.
- Mobile numbers will not be shared outside of the Text Service.
- Unless otherwise noted, MacroPlate may terminate this program or your participation in it at any time with or without notice, including, for example, before you have received any or all messages that you otherwise would have received.
Please read this “Disputes” section carefully. It affects rights that you may otherwise have. It provides for resolution of most disputes through arbitration instead of through court trials and class actions. Arbitration is more informal than a lawsuit in court, uses a neutral arbitrator instead of a judge or jury, and discovery is more limited. Arbitration is final and binding and subject to only very limited review by a court. This arbitration clause shall survive termination of these Terms and Conditions.
- Binding Arbitration . This provision is intended to be interpreted broadly to encompass all disputes or claims arising out of or relating to these Terms, your participation in the Text Service, or your relationship with MacroPlate. Any dispute or claim arising out of or relating to these Terms, your access to or participation in the Text Service, or your relationship with MacroPlate or any subsidiary, parent or affiliate company or companies (whether based in contract, tort, statute, fraud, misrepresentation or any other legal theory) will be resolved by binding arbitration, except that either of us may take claims to small claims court if they qualify for hearing by such a court.
- Costs of Arbitration. Upon filing of the arbitration demand, we will pay all filing, administration and arbitrator fees other than the initial $200 filing fee, and for claims of less than $1,000, MacroPlate will reimburse you for the filing fee within 30 days of receiving a written request from you. Each party will bear the fees and expense of its own attorneys, experts, witnesses and preparation and presentation of evidence at the arbitration. However, for claims under $10,000 as to which you provided notice and negotiated in good faith as required above before initiating arbitration, if the arbitrator finds you are the prevailing party in the arbitration, you will be entitled to a recovery of reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs. Except for claims determined to be frivolous, we will not to seek an award of attorneys’ fees in arbitration even if an award is otherwise available under applicable law.
- Class Action Waiver and Jury Waiver. You and we each agree that any proceeding, whether in arbitration or in court, will be conducted only on an individual basis and not in a class, consolidated or representative action. If a court or arbitrator determines in an action between you and us that this class action waiver is unenforceable, the arbitration agreement will be void as to you. If you opt out of the arbitration provision as specified above, this class action waiver provision will not apply to you. Neither you, nor any other customer, can be a class representative, class member, or otherwise participate in a class, consolidated or representative proceeding without having complied with the opt-out procedure set forth above. If for any reason a claim proceeds in court rather than through arbitration, you and we each waive any right to a jury trial.
Any dispute arising from these Terms or your access to or participation in the Text Service will be governed by and construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of Washington, without regard to conflict of law rules or principles. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods shall have no applicability. Any dispute between the parties that is not subject to arbitration or cannot be heard in small claims court will be resolved in the state or federal courts located in King County, Washington.
Our participating carriers include (but not limited to) AT&T, Sprint, Verizon Wireless, U.S. Cellular, T-Mobile, MetroPCS. Carriers are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages to the customer. If your mobile operator is not participating, you will not receive a reply to your messages. Some operators may not support some services at the prices offered. Pre-paid users may not be able to participate – check with your mobile operator.
You consent to the handling of your information as described in the MacroPlate Privacy Statement available at www.macro-plate.com/privacy-policy. To contact MacroPlate customer service, email firstname.lastname@example.org.